Monday, June 15, 2009

Becoming Catholic

Becoming Catholic was quite the journey for me. It wasn't where I thought I'd end up, but it's definitely become the way in which I have most enriched my faith life. Being Catholic is the most beautiful way I can find to love and serve The Lord. Not only in my own, personal, faith life am I fulfilled, but I am also more aware of the trials of those around me. I make a bigger effort to love and to serve. Forgiveness, patience and love are things that I have more of now, as a result of my walk with God in the Catholic faith.


Catholicism is much more than a term...it's more than simply picking a religion. It's a way of life. It's about God and His Will, not your own. It's about looking at ALL people with compassion. It's about finding ways to better serve God by reaching out to one another.


Even our Mass is about Christ from beginning to end. It's not about any one person. No, it's about our Divine Father, the Son and Holy Spirit. From the moment you walk into the Sanctuary until you leave, it's all about our Lord God. It's amazing and such a beautiful way to practice our faith.


I have only been Catholic for a little over a year, but have been attending Catholic Mass for almost 5 years. What a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment